This coming weekend, I'll be joining DPP's Model Shoot. This would be the opportunity for me to learn to shoot portraits the right way with the guidance of some of Photography's best. I'm thinking of window-shopping for some upgrades to my current gear while waiting for the shoot.
This event was suppose to happen last November 9-10, but no thanks to Yolanda, the date has been moved (for everybody's safety). Anyway, the nre schedule still fits me and the following pictures would show why it got me so convinced to attend (Pictures are from DPP's Facebook Page).
1. Canon Ambassador Jay Tablante will do a cosplay lighting demo. Who would want to miss an opportunity to learn from one of the best cosplay photographers in the land? This would add a dimension to my skills. ^_^
2. Meet and Greet with Marian Rivera as she does a pin-up for the lucky VIPs. She will also sign prints for 100 lucky attendees (hope I'm in). I'll have my soon-to-be latest DPP Magazine signed by her as well and I hope there won't be much people at her station (wishful thinking).
3. X-Sessions. I mean experience Fujifilm's X-E2 mirrorless camera as Fujifilm ambassadors would be there on both days. Join them as they shoot along with the attendees. Who knows, you may have the chance to try their new camera as well =P.
4. Top glamour photographer Dix Perez sets up his lights and see how he directs his models while you press on the shutter button. I may stay on this session for a longer time as I need to learn how to direct my soon-to-be models on my future shoots.
5. Get a chance to shoot a Playboy Playmate that comes from the sky. PMOY 2011 Sky Aisuru will be there on the 30th of November and magazine professional photographer Jerico Montemayor would set-up a shoot with the playmate. I won't miss this for the world as I've been following the works of Jerico for sometime now.
6. I'm looking forward to learn classic portraits and who would be better to teach you would be the master herself (Ms Pilar Tuason). She will be at the Sony booth as she'll be directing a classical portraiture session with a modern twist. You'd be luckier as she'll be there for both days.
7. Master Ricky Ladia will also be in action as he setting up the lights on a few sets and gives pointers while all you need to do is listen and press the shutter. I do also need to learn some lighting techniques as I need to add it to my portfolio.
8. Its getting better and better as Aubrey Miles will be there on December 1. Now is the time to add this to your portfolio. Spend at least 5000 pesos on any Phottix product and you'll have a chance to join a photoshoot with her for two hours. VIP shooters (like me) will have an hour of shooting opportunity.
9. Anyone wants to shoot a model doused with water? Again, Ms Pilar Tuason would wet her while you take pictures as she sets up the lighting for a shoot like this. You know where to find them. ^_^
10. Who wants an opportunity to photograph Ellen Adarna upclose and personal? I do as now is the time to have my DPP Copy signed by her (hopefully). Top photographer Xander Angeles will be the one directing the shoot on November 30. A private shooting session (2 hours) will be given to those who will purchase 5000 pesos worth of Phottix products. I think I need to buy a battery grip for my 7D don't you think? XD
11. And most importantly, the word Sale would be music to anyone's ears especially if prices are marked-down with huge discount. I'm sure you have saved some plus your 13th month pay for this event. Now is the time to reward yourself with some. ^_^
So there you have it. I'm sure the reasons are more than enough for you to attend DPPs Model Shoot and Trade Fair this coming weekend. See you there. XD