Monday, September 16

Soleslam Automax 2: The Stormy VIP Event

Despite strong rains and forceful winds, I was able to reach One Esplanade at 2:00pm to attend my first Soleslam Automax event. I went there all by myself but I saw some of my friends there so we just tagged together eventually. 

When I registered on the VIP, I need to shell-out 600 pesos for a ticket. Supposedly, it should only costs 500 pesos or less and at the same time, those who bought tickets on the day were handed out hand-written VIP Ticket on a yellow paper. Geez, for a 600-peso ticket, should one get a piece of paper as a ticket. AFAIK, VIP's should be able to get a lootbag (first 500) but I didn't get any as they ran out of supply (my VIP ticket says 134, so technically, I should be getting atleast a lootbag).

When I got in, there wasn't much people yet as its still for VIPs from 12:00-3:00pm (Beyond 3:00pm, its for General Admission). The only advantage of getting a VIP Ticket is that aside from the lootbag, you get to be the first to shop for your kicks (pair of sneakers). If you just went there to "window shop", its better to wait instead. 

I started taking some pictures of shoes that were new to my eyes. I noticed that most of the kicks displayed were either Nike's Jordan's or other kicks that were unique or hard-to-find. The price tag, some were a bit on the high side but if you really collect them, this  event is for you. 

After taking pictures of the kicks, its time to take pictures of some hot chicks (ladies) on the event. I got a few pictures of some models that I saw at the event. I saw a few more but they have been flocked by photographers and some fans. 

A friend of mine had his Vixenation book signed but we were not allowed to take pictures of the model (this is the first time we were not allowed to take pictures) as one of the bouncers said that only official photographers are allowed to take pictures. That pissed-us off and just went on. If you ask me, I wanted to report this to the organizers about this incident. Its like that this certain bouncer has some power-tripping issues and this needs to be reported.

We went near the stage so we could have a better view of the stage (and the people). We got to take pictures of other models on stage as well. And when Fil-Am Hot-Import Model Christine Mendoza went up on stage, the crowd upfront went wild. Most took pictures and some waited for some giveaways that were thrown away (literally) by the host and the organizers. I got a cap for myself c/o my friend's model friend. 

When we got the chance, we went to the right side of the stage to have our picture taken with Christine. The last time I had my picture taken was probably years ago =P. I guess, I need to loosen-up and release my inhibitions for me to be able to be sociable again =P

We didn't finish the event as all of us went there just to see Christine (and some shoes for me XD). Since its raining so hard, the carshow has been canceled. I wonder if there would be a refund for it? If you ask me, The organizers need more planning and there should always be a plan b.

Anyway, pictures to follow soon. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uhm.... Please do leave a comment for suggestions and improvements.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...