After thanking every possible people in 2012, this is the time I move on and move forward. As most (if not all) people have their list of New Year's Resolution, I'm already done with it. Instead, I jot down the things I look forward to this 2013.
1. A new job in IT (Career): Its been 3 months since I've left the company. No regrets nor any ill feelings towards them though as I wanted a more stable job rather than just working under a contract.
2. A new smartphone: Well its a nice-to-have for me as of the moment as my 6 year-old phone is still working well. But I know my phone will reach a point that it cannot be repaired. Hence, I need to get a replacement. An iPhone 5 or an iPhone 4S would do for me sine I love to tinker with its applications while waiting for a call or someone to send me a text message.
3. New places to visit: Be it somewhere within the metro or a province nearby, my feet is itching to discover something new. I just feel the need to catch up with some who were fortunate enough to visit places from across the country.
4. A new digicam (or micro 4/3s): To complement my bulky 7D, I hope I would be able to get my hands on either a Canon Powershot G15 (or G1X) or a Canon EOS-M which some photographers rave these days. Though it may be pricey today, I know within the next few months, their prices would somehow drop before the end of 2013.
5. Having Zero Backlogs in my blog and in my editing sets: Actually, I started 2012 with around 40 backlogs in both my blogs and in my sets to edit. With a lot of things happened, it ballooned to more than a hundred each though I was able to lessen some on my blogs. Probably, this would be one of my toughest challenges this 2013.
6. A lighter weight and a slimmer figure: This has always been my resolution year after year but I always fail even before January ends. Well, this would also be another herculean task to accomplish but somehow, with proper planning, I would get somewhere. I could start with proper diet and right amount of sleep (7-8 hours). Then I would worry on what exercise to execute next. Hopefully I would be healthier, leaner and meaner this 2013.
7. Marien's Development: By 2013, she will turn two by April. Since 2011, a lot of amazing things happened to both me and my wife. There were some struggles and pains along the way but we overcome each and everyone of them as my daughter gets more and more mischievous (I guess she inherited that from me XD). I hope I could have my wife say yes on having a yaya on her so everyone of us back home would have our focus on what needs to be done especially during weekdays.
8. Renewing some of my personal possessions: For starters, I need to renew my passport. Then my postal ID and my PRC ID. Then after my CCNA ID expired last 2011, I need to review again before re-taking the exam. Probably I'll add some more as days go by.
9. Learning new things in the field of IT: With the recent advancements in technology, I need to step-up so that I would be aligned with them. If I would be able to get a new job, I'm sure this would be much easier. For the meantime, I'd maximize the resources I have here at home to learn and re-learn a thing or two.
10. Opening a new account: I still feel the need to have my own personal savings as most of what I saved when I was still working goes usually to our joint account that we opened even before I got married. I really need to have my own account so I could save up for my future travels or personal purchase without compromising our budget.
11. Shooting gigs (Paid and un-Paid): I hope I could get my first paid shooting gig as most of my friends are doing theirs since 2012. My take at the recent FBW event would somehow give me an idea on how to do it and what needs to improve. For the unpaid gigs, that would be my usual "gala" to carshows, conventions and whatnots.
12. Meeting new people: As I move forward to 2013, I'm sure I'd get to meet a lot of people. From future officemates, to fellow bloggers and photographers, to prospective clients, I'm pretty sure my facebook contacts would add up a few notches as well as my contacts to my mobile phone. Though its sad a few people (former friends and officemates) decided to burn bridges with me, I decided to simply move on and meet new people.
13. Enhancing my Social Media Knowledge: As a blogger, I'm looking forward to learn more about the ins and outs of Social Media. Learning its nitty-gritty technical stuff would be a good addition to my resume and it would increase my chances of getting a better job. ^_^
14. Spending Less and Saving more: I know I'm a good provider, but only a few knows that I'm a terrible spender too. I guess I need to minimize eating out (except if I'm with my family) and save some especially for the rainy day. Now that I have most of the things I need for 2013 (which I bought last 2012), I'm confident I would be spending less (hopefully XD).
Well so far, this would be the things I look forward to this 2013. Do you already have yours?