Tuesday, July 10

Thank You Tito Dolphy

As of presstime, the King of Comedy Rodolfo "Dolphy/Pidol" Vera Quizon Sr. has already joined our Creator at 8:34pm due to Multiple Organ Failure (He was 83 years old). There was even a dispute from twitter that he is still (I'm hoping) alive but sadly he already left us.


RIP Tito Dolphy (July 25, 1928 - July 10, 2012)


I still remember how he made everyone at our home (as well as our ancestral home in Batangas and Pampangga) laugh at his jokes. From the 60's up to the present, he never fails to tickle our funny bones. I grew up watching John en Marsha as well as Home Along the Riles every Wednesday (or Thursday) night and I do remember some of his antics that made me laugh.

He may not received the "National Artist Award" for now (he prefers to receive the National Arthritis Award),  but in our hearts, he is the one and only "Comedy King". By now, he is cracking jokes with Panchito, Babalu, Redford White, Pugak and Tugak and other famous comedians who are already with our creator.

You may read more news at The Philippine Star, GMA Network, Yahoo, Rappler, Inquirer, and FHM.

To the Quizon Family, we extend our deepest condolences for the departure of their King. We join the entire Filipino Community in praying for the soul of Mr. Quizon.

14 comments:

  1. This is a sad day but maybe since Dolphy has been struggling in the hospital maybe it's time to rest. He is a funny man than not only tickles are funny bones but he also touches our heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. RIP Dolphy. I am a "Home Along Da Riles" kid and surely, my thursday nights would be a bummer if not for his antics in that show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paalam tito Dolphy! Pinatawa mo ako ng todo nung bata pa ako! May your soul rest in peace with our Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will truly miss the King of Comedy! His presence will be greatly missed not only in the industry but many avid followers as well.. May his soul rest in peace...

    ReplyDelete
  5. condolence to the family...

    ReplyDelete
  6. RIP Dolphy.

    I'm sad that I did not get to see any more of his performances for the last two decades of living abroad. Hopefully, I can find his classics in DVD to share to my children.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really Sad Day for Filipinos! Always remember him as John and his Purontong shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. rip sir dolphy.. your are one of a kind and surely you will be miss.. sando.. puruntong shorts.. hahaha classic.. humble.. funny.. simple

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rest in peace Dolphy, you will always be remembered..:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dolphy left behind a legacy of giving smiles and laughter to Filipinos of all walks of life for many generations. An icon of Philippine popular culture, he will remain immortal in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is time for him to have the last laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wasn't really THAT affected but it was definitely a sad event. I used to watch Home Along da Riles when I was a kid and I would remember laughing every episode. I guess it really was his time, he lived a full life, and he brought joy to most Filipinos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. there can only be one king of comedy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Until now everytime I see news about him I can't help but cry. He's too good! :'(

    ReplyDelete

Uhm.... Please do leave a comment for suggestions and improvements.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...