Thursday, May 17

Swabeng Events: International Museum Day 2012, Which Museums to go to

New challenges, New inspirations.


Today, the world is changing faster than ever. New technology delivers new ideas, gigabytes of information, news of an increasingly unstable climate, all shared by social media. Modern museums must compete for an audible voice against the furious pace of this background.

This day is an occasion to raise awareness on how important museums are in the development of society. Most people would never know but I like going to museums more as I grew older. I even recall some of my pictures I took a couple of years ago at multiply and I look at them once in a while to reminisce the good old days.

But where to go to tomorrow to celebrate International Museum Day? I got two museums that celebrate the event. 


1. The Mind Museum: Since they opened last March, I'm sold on how much they have invested to have a museum like these. They have a lot of activities in store for all curious minds, young and old. I'd take my family a few years from now but I (alone) may visit them within this year. Taking pictures for personal use is okay (according to them) but they prohibit tripods (I don't mind) and using flash (I'm not sure about this).


Taken from their facebook page



2. Ayala Museum: I pass by this museum on my way to work but I never set foot inside because PHOTOGRAPHY IS NOT ALLOWED. I was hoping if they would change their mind just for tomorrow but they're still firm on PROHIBITING PHOTOGRAPHY inside. Anyway, I may change my mind and pass by for an hour or two perhaps.


Taken from their facebook page


If I only have tomorrow free, I could pay both museums a visit. Would you recall any museum here in Manila (or other parts) of the country celebrating the International Museum Day 2012.

Interested to learn more about International Museum Day? You may check the following links here, here, here, here, here, here and here.

2 comments:

  1. I'll try to drop by the Ayala Museum :) Sana yung mga museums din sa Intramuros free. I would love to see all of them one by one ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not going to that Mind Museum today.
    I have a related blog post about this topic as well.
    International Museum Day is FREE access to museums worldwide every May 18.

    ReplyDelete

Uhm.... Please do leave a comment for suggestions and improvements.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...