Sunday, March 6

In Pursuit of a Better Vision

Yesterday, I went to SM Megamall to have my eyes checked as well as replace my glasses. My wife told me before on my birthday that I should be taking good care of my health especially my eyes. And I think now is the time to do it.

I am thinking when was the last time I had my eyes checked and upgraded my glasses? Definitely not last year nor the year before. I am also guessing if I had my eyes checked last 2008 but I don't recall any activity related to that so it must be somewhere in 2007. Its more than 3 or 4 years since the last time my eyes were checked and I couldn't believe it myself as I was thinking back that I should have had my eyes checked at least once a year.

I went to Ideal Vision at SM Megamall to have my eyes checked. I think this was also the optical shop I've been to a few years back. Then the optometrist asked me to have my eyes checked inside. If my memory serves me right, one of my eyes has a grade of 150 while the other has 175 with no signs of astigmatism on either eyes. After 2-3 tests, both of my eyes increased to 200 but now both of them has astigmatism. One has an astigmatism level of 0.50 while the other, 0.75. 

Then she recommends that I should get a polycarb for my lens rather than the usual multi-coated ones.  Polycarbonate lenses are thinner and lighter than regular plastic lenses. They also offer 100 percent protection from the sun's harmful UV light and are up to 10 times more impact-resistant than plastic or glass lenses. This combination of lightweight comfort, UV protection and impact resistance also makes polycarbonate lenses an excellent choice for children's glasses and safety glasses.

I was convinced to get the polycarb lens to match with the frame that I got from Bolle Optics. My replacement glasses costs me 4500 pesos but price didn't matter to me since this is my nth upgrade in 4 years and my eyesight was very much clearer. All I have to do is get used to my glasses since I haven't used any glasses with astigmatism correction.

With this, I hope my vision in photography would be clearer and sharper in the coming days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uhm.... Please do leave a comment for suggestions and improvements.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...