Wednesday, November 3

Movie Review: The Social Network

From Google

I remember more than a year ago was the last time I saw a movie on the big screen. I wasn't even married yet and as far as I remember, the last movie I watched was Twilight: New Moon with my then-girlfriend who happens to be my wife now.

Anyway, as far as I can remember, this would be my first review on the movie I watched on the big screen. This won't be as critical like other people who do movie reviews and I want to give my own point of view.

Basically, "The Social Network" is the story of how facebook was created by Mark Zuckerberg (played by Jesse Eisenberg), a college student at Harvard University. He was your usual geek guy dating other chicks, and hanging out with his friends whom he considers his closest buddies.

After broking up with his girlfriend on a date, he tried to create a program that would compare one girl to the other in terms of how hot the girl is. That was an instant craze and soon, people from the University were checking out one girl after the other. That gave him an idea why not create a social networking site that would allow users to update their status, create their own personality and compared to myspace and friendster, he thinks this is much better. He elevated social networking to new heights that even up to now, they still find ways to make it much better and more attractive to users.

It was better but this didn't come easy as he also battles legal issues accusing him of stealing the idea from somebody else as well as other issues between him and co-founder Eduardo Saverin (played by Andrew Garfield).

In the end, I just a bit disappointed on how it ended. Well, at least there is proof that geeks do get chicks as well. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uhm.... Please do leave a comment for suggestions and improvements.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...