Wednesday, December 25

Swabeng Thoughts: On working holidays, double pay and being away from home

This is not the first time I've been away from my family because of holiday work. The first time (2010) I remember was when my wife was still pregnant with Marien while I'm at the office (former) all by myself. At first, it was kinda lonely since I'm all alone and not even going online on facebook kept me company. Eventually, after my shift, I went home right away to be with my family.

Then the following year (2011) was my rest day and it falls on both Christmas and New Year's Eve (and the day itself) so I was able to spend more time with them. Sans the holiday pay, it doesn't matter as that was the first time I've spent holidays at home as a dad. I got to take them out and bough a gift for my only daughter.

Then last year (2012), as I'm out of a job, I got to spend the entire Christmas season (plus a few more weeks) at home which gave me more time to spend with my family. The only problem was I'm not the one providing for my family during that time (although my wife was able to cover for it). It was a bit frustrating on my end but I was able to learn a lesson from it.

Well yesterday was a holiday shift for me as I was able to work and spend Christmas at home after work. Thank God I was bale to provide for them the things that they need (and more) especially during the yuletide season. To be honest that was a different feeling as I thought I wasn't able to make it home last night but eventually, I did. 

Again, Merry Christmas everyone! 



Taken from Google


No comments:

Post a Comment

Uhm.... Please do leave a comment for suggestions and improvements.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...