Monday, February 11

The Week That Was (February 3 - 9)

Sunday: Got up early as I went online for an hour before going down together with Migmig. The morning was pretty much the same before we left for The Frazzled Cook to have our lunch there (I'll write a blog about this). After close to two hours, we got a cab to Edsa Shrine to attend the 3:00pm mass. After mass, we went to SM Megamall to spend the rest of the afternoon there strolling around the mass as our tummies are still full from the lunch we had earlier. We got back home at almost 8:00pm as I went out again to go online before heading back home to get some sleep early.

Monday: Got up at close to 6:00am as I need to leave early to get my NBI Clearance. At 7:15am I was inside the compound but there are close to a thousand people who got inside before me so I joined the line and made sure I signed the documents properly. Having a book helped me get preoccupied while waiting for my turn. The process was pretty much better than it was a couple of years back but I guess it needs more improvement. After I had my bio-metrics, I was asked to come back on the 14th to claim my clearance so at 10:00am, I already left for Makati. While I'm on my way. comapny #2 called me saying that I had some problems with my medical exam and I had to be at their office as soon as I can. I had a quick lunch at faburrito before going to the office. The HR said that I need to get a clearance from the Cardiologist as well as do again some of the blood tests as the Cardio would be there by 2:00pm. I stopped by at Ooh Opctical (at RCBC) to have my eyes checked for a possible eyeglasses upgrade. I was pleased with my choice of frame and my new lens, thay said it was ready for pick-up in the next few days. With plenty of time to rest and relax, I had tea at Starbucks in RCBC which was quiet when I got there. Close to an hour later, people flocked in making the coffee joint like a wet market with the most noise done by the yuppies. I went to Grepa Medical Center at almost 2:00pm and waited until the cardiologist arrived. He was not pleased with my results as I got a 150/100 bp so he instructed me to take some more blood tests to determine what causes my elevated hypertension. Though I felt a little bit dizzy, I'm sure that I'm still okay. After that, I had to walk my way to BIR in Makati to have my RDO updated. Unfortunately, the officer said that my name was not registered in Makati but in Las Piñas. Well to console myself, I had my snack at Banapple thinking of my next steps regarding my pre-employment requirements. I took the bus home and got home at almost 5:00pm. By 10:00am, I started my fasting and hopefully, I could get better results for the next few days.

Tuesday: Got up at past 6:00am feeling a little bit famished as I need to have my blood sample taken again at RCBC Plaza. I left home at close to 7:15am and got there at 8:30am. I had to pay 3250 pesos since it was not covered by the company I am hoping I would be connected with. After giving some of my blood samples, I looked for the best foodie spot within the tower since I'm really hungry and a little bit dizzy as well (Could have something to do with my current glasses). Then I head-off to Las Piñas to go to BIR as my name was registered there. By 11:30am, I got there and had to wait patiently before I had my RDO updated. Thank God it was pretty quick when it was my turn so after that I head off to SM Southmall to chill-out for the next 2 hours as I went to Black Canyon Coffee to try their frappe. While filling-out some of the forms I have, I got a bit hungry so I ordered their Tom Yum Soup which was by the way, really spicy. After lunch, I had some of my documents photocopied before going home. When I got home, I spend my time with my daughter knowing that my longer time with her may be already numbered as I'm almost close to getting the job.

Wednesday: Got up at almost 7:00am as I need to sort out things. My mom paid us a visit as I'm getting ready to leave for Makati to submit some documents for my pre-employment. When I hand-over some of my pre-employment documents, the HR told me that I need to get a clearance of fit-to-work from the doctor before I could start. Since I don't have the clearance yet (I need to go back to the doctor for a follow-up check-up), they told me I can't start on Monday. Probably the next day or next few days as long as I am cleared and ready to work. I won't think that I would have anymore problems with my medical as what my wife was thinking about through text (it may happen that I may not get that job because I failed the medical exam). And most importantly, I have to stay positive through thick and thin no matter how hard life is. For me, my wife and most importantly my baby, I have to be strong and keep up that positive attitude with me. After submitting some of the documents, I was asked to be back on Monday to submit the rest of the documents that I haven't submitted. I didn't left there with a heavy heart but it was a good wake-up call for me to start taking care of myself seriously especially my physical health. I had lunch at World Chicken before buying a magazine at Gateway then off to Sampaloc. I saw a small table offering Blood Pressure for a minimal fee. I had my bp checked (130/100) before heading home. Migmig was fast asleep when I got home so I went online until she got up. The rest of the day was pretty much the same as I went to bed early.

Thursday: Got up at 6:00am and Migmig was wide awake as well because of her coughs =(. But I had to get up at 7:00am so I could have my BP checked as well as do other things. I got to do some exercise as well as do some documents as my wife and baby got down at almost 10:00am. That was my que to take full attention of my daughter and after she took a bath. I went to take a bath as well. She went to sleep at around 1:00pm as I went online for an hour before I went out to have my bp checked. Again, it was pretty fine (120/70) and when I got back, Migmig was already awake, I tried putting her to sleep by getting some sleep but instead, she played around keeping me awake. When we got down, we went to SM Sta Mesa to buy my baby some diapers. We had to take a cab as my load was too heavy to carry. The rest of the night was pretty much the same.

Friday: Got up at almost 7:00am as I head off to Makati to get my glasses, my blood test results and to take some pictures at the Philippine Art Fair. Traffic got horrible when I reached Gil Puyat. Then my wife texted me saying that we should take our daughter to the hospital as her coughs and colds worsen. I just made sure to get my new glasses first as well as my blood results before going back home. Fortunately, I was able to get a cab and got back home at 10:30am. They were just in time as they're almost done getting ready. We left home again at 11:00am and got to the hospital a few minutes past noon. Good thing we didn't have to wait that long before my daughter's turn. It didn't took us long to have her checked before we went to SM Megamall to have our lunch there. We ate at Teriyaki Boy before spending the rest of the afternoon at Mondo Juice as my daughter fell asleep on my shoulders. She slept for 2 hours as I just browsed through health magazine after the other. We got home late at night and I went out again to go online.

Saturday: I got up at 8:00am though my eyes were already open as early as 6:00am but I felt that my right foot was a bit in pain (uh-oh). I had my bp checked as I took Migmig out for a walk before going back home for breakfast. Then I helped my wife in cleaning the windows before I went out to go online and have my bp checked. For the past 2 days, my bp was pretty much good and now I need to know what makes it go high so I could counteract it. As far as diet is concerned, I'm doing my best not to pig-out. I went online for 30 minutes before going back home to get that much needed sleep. Then late in the afternoon, we went out to SM Sta Mesa to buy some tickets for the Manila Ocean Park which my wife and her family will be using. I was pretty disappointed as they don't know where they sell those tickets. Then, we head off to SM Manila to see if I can buy those. It happened to be I'm asking the wrong seller as what my wife had told me. Eventually I got to buy those tickets at the movie world where most of the tickets were sold. We got back at close to 8:00pm and I went online as they were enjoying the videoke. I got back at 9:30pm and I put Migmig to sleep before I fell asleep as well. Tomorrow would be a challenging but fun day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uhm.... Please do leave a comment for suggestions and improvements.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...