Though I don't have any plans to lead a walk nor I'd be able to have a chance to lead one for the moment, here are the list of Leader's Responsibilities by Scott Kelby. I hope this helps to aspiring leaders out there. ^_^
If the video below doesn't work just go to this link.
- It’s up to you to plan the route for your photo walk, which will last about two hours. You’ll pick a starting point and ending point for your walk and plan out your route.
- At the end, you’ll want to choose a restaurant, café, bar, or some place you can have a social gathering. Make sure you contact the place of your choosing ahead of time to make sure they can handle your group and are ready for you when you arrive.
- You’ll need to set up your walk’s web page with all the event information. It’s an easy, automated process of filling in the blanks and uploading a photo of yourself. The page also has a small blog you’ll want to keep updated with helpful information for your walkers.
- After the walkers who want to enter the contest have submitted their single best image from your local Walk, you get to pick the winning image! The winner will receive a digital copy of The Lightroom 4 Book for Digital Photographers from Scott Kelby and will also be in the running for the Grand Prize!
- As the leader, you also get a digital copy of The Lightroom 4 Book for Digital Photographers from Scott Kelby.
- Lastly, you’ll also want to be prepared to answer a lot of questions. People will be asking for suggestions on things to photograph, ideas, and other stuff, so be ready with answers and a smile
- Someone who can lead a group of people safely from one place to another.
- Someone who has organized events, lead a camera club, organized another photo walk, or has other qualifications as a leader.
Don’t be disappointed if your walk isn’t immediately approved. This process can take a while as we do read each application carefully.
Also, if there’s another walk in your city, we won’t open a second (or third or fourth) walk until the first one has filled up. There may be exceptions to this for larger cities, but the approval process is based on our own discretion. If you want to check the status of your application while you’re waiting, you can do so right here.
Now, if you’re up for all of this, apply to be a Worldwide Photo Walk Leader NOW!
I'd really want that book on The Lightroom 4 for Digital Photographers. XD