Tuesday, July 3

My First Social Media Day Experience

Last Saturday, I arrived at Ayala Triangle Garden just in time for the Social Media Day 2012 hosted by Tweetup Manila. This would also be my first time attending this kind of event where I get a chance to meet different people whose common denominator would be the Social Media. 

There were more than a hundred people who showed up and got counted, around 400+ to be exact. Lucky attendees were given freebies courtesy of the event's sponsors. And at the same time, other parts of the country celebrated their Social Media Day like Cebu, Davao, Iligan, Cagayan De Oro down south and Quezon City up north. 

With close to 30 million facebook users and almost the same number of twitter users who regularly go online every single day, no wonder why we are today's number one in terms of photo and video uploads. We Pinoys have the habit of sharing anything that is fun and makes us happy. 

I've roamed around the venue and got to meet familiar faces as well as new ones by the time the event has started. The program was hosted by Tweetup Manila's Tonyo Cruz and Rosario Juan (which I like their T-Shirts). Other speakers include Ms Daphne Osena-Paez, Gang Badoy, Carlo Ople, and Ms World Philippines Queenrich Rehman. 

I wanted to stay longer at the event but I need to be somewhere in Quezon City for another Social Media Day Event. 

It was really a fun and learning experience for me. I hope I could attend next year's Social Media Day. 

Pictures to follow soon. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uhm.... Please do leave a comment for suggestions and improvements.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...