Monday, November 7

Another Milestone at Miss World 2011


Ms World Philippines (First Runner-Up) together with Miss World 2011. Picture taken from Yahoo.


By accident, I got to watch the Miss World 2011 and thought why not as the previous day, Ms Philippines International reached the semi-finals but unable to go all the way to the final round. As the names of the semi-finalist were announced, I was hoping that our very own Gwendolyn Ruais would be called. And she was called. Though I wasn't able to watch the swimsuit competition and the evening gown competition (I'm not sure if these were televised on TV). I didn't mind. 

Then, they have announced the Final 7 contestants as Miss Philippines was the fourth contestant to be called as the question and answer portion was next. There was only one question and I was stunned on the way she answered it. I know she has what it takes to win the prestigious pageant. 

Then as the 2nd and 1st runner-up was announced, I was surprised because Miss Philippines was announced as the 1st runner-up while I thought she would have take home the crown. But anyway, her ranking was more than good enough as the last time I remembered that a Filipina placed on the Top 3 (2nd Princess) of the Miss World Pageant was in 1993 (I think).

Anyway, you may read the related article from Yahoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uhm.... Please do leave a comment for suggestions and improvements.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...