Wednesday, September 28

Lunch at Bertings

Last Sunday after my wife picked-up her dress for her friend's wedding last Monday, we head straight to Tomas Morato cor Sct Rallos to have lunch at Berting's Grill. For a change, we wanted to sample some unique Filipino food and at the same time, spend more time with my family. Though there is also another branch located in Ortigas, being closed on a Sunday, we made a good choice in going to their other branch. 


Bertings Grill


We got there at around 12:00pm or so though I noticed that the place wasn't jam-packed on a Sunday noon. That's a good thing for me because I prefer to have the place to ourselves and take good pictures without annoying anyone =P. After placing our order, we made ourselves comfortable and took out my camera to take pictures (again XD).










Food was served just in time and they served everything at once. Our empty table turned into a fiesta with the four dishes we ordered.  


A feast for two adults and a baby. XD



Our baby got busy XD


First off, we had Baked Tahong (240 pesos). First, I never knew they would serve as much tahong as they could as I only imagine we would get 10-12 pieces. But we had 500 grams or more than 20 shells of tahong that took us a while before we emptied our plate. For beer lovers and hard drinkers, this one is highly recommended. 


Baked Tahong


Crispy Dory (225 pesos) was served next to our table. I like the way it was cooked and its pretty crunchy on the outside. The extra sidings and the dip really helped in making this dish excel. For its price, it can feed two to three people but I don't think they are willing to share it with one another. XD


Crispy Dory


Then, the Crispy Kare-Kareng Pata (485 pesos for regular) was served next. This is my first time to have a kare kare which I had to assemble from the veggies to the meat down to their peanut sauce. It has the crunch of a crispy pata most would agree which was complemented with steamed vegetables.  If only their peanut sauce had more generous servings, this would have been my top dish hands down.  


Crispy Kare-Kareng Pata


Krispy Kare-Kareng Pata from another view


And lastly, the Hero of the day, our one-half Lechon Manok (180 pesos). I'm not sure if its just me but I didn't taste any special with the chicken. Yes it tastes good even without dipping it in liver sauce but that's the way I like to eat my lechon manok. My wife noticed it too as we didn't touch much of the portion. 


Lechon Manok


At the end of our meal, we got really full with the amount of food they served us and we had to take some out. Their food is really good and servings were pretty much okay though there is really nothing much about it to brag about (probably its what we had ordered). But still, we will visit Berting's anytime of the day for some chow and grub and to try their other dishes as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Uhm.... Please do leave a comment for suggestions and improvements.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...