Time for a change, for real. Moving on and moving forward towards a better day. A day filled with all things Swabeh!
Thursday, March 31
IPA Street Photography Contest
I saw this in one of my friend's facebook wall as he shared it to the rest of the cyberspace who loves photography
Taken from IPS Website
IPA STREET PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE
Invisible Ph t grapher Asia celebrates their 1st anniversary in April 2011. To mark this anniversary milestone, we are hosting our first Street Photography Contest. This contest is a celebration, a challenge, and a search for the best street photography and photographers in Asia.
The contest is open and free to photographers of any level, and in any country of residence. Each photographer may submit up to 3 entries in total. Submissions must be in the street photography genre and shot in Asia within the last 12 months. Contest submission period starts from 1st April and closes 1st June 2011. For the winner, we have what we believe is the classic Street Photography Kit as the contest 1ST Prize.
Email Subject – [IPA Street Photography Contest - Photographer's Name - Entry Title];
Country in Asia where the photo was taken;
Approximate date of the photo captured;
Photographer’s name & website;
Camera or equipment used.
Note: Incomplete submissions may result in disqualification.
Please submit pictures resized to 1200 pixels on the long side (width for landscape, height for portrait orientation), in JPG or JPEG format, with a maximum file size of 2MBs each only. Ensure that you name your image file this way: photographername_title.jpg. You may submit up to 3 entries, but submit each entry in their own individual email.
There will only be one key 1ST PRIZE, consisting of a ‘CLASSIC STREET KIT’ valued at approximately USD$2,000.
The ‘CLASSIC STREET KIT’ Prize includes:
1) A great shooter/user condition black repainted LEICA M2 Rangefinder Camera. This is one of our very own cameras we use for street photography.
2) A brand new Nokton 35mm F/1.4 Lens kindly sponsored byChiif Cameras, Official Voigtlander Dealer.
3) An original IPA SUNNY 16 Dog Tag.
4) 3 rolls of Kodak TRI-X film in a 35mm Ammo Sleeve that we designed ourselves and use.
1ST Prize Winner takes all, but Finalists and Runners-up will receive bragging rights and an original IPA SUNNY 16 Dog Tag.
Contest Judges will be announced shortly.
RULES + T&Cs
1. Contest is open to photographers of any level and in any country of residence, and any camera – digital or film too.
2 Entry images must be in the Street Photography genre and shot in Asia no later than the last 12 months i.e. Images taken from April 2010 till end of submission period qualify.
3. Each participant may submit up to 3 entries.
4. We reserve the right to disqualify any entries as we see fit.
5. Our decision and that of our judges is final.
6. Shortlisted finalists must produce an original high-resolution file on request to qualify.
7. By submitting an entry, you acknowledge that you are the creator and owner of the image.
8. You own the rights to your photos – by submitting an entry you grant us explicit rights to publish, exhibit and use your images on our website and other official online/offline channels as we see fit.
9. Upon notification, finalists and winner must respond within 3 weeks providing an appropriate shipping address, or risk forfeiting their prizes.
10. You know the drill – no photoshop montages, comps, cut & pastes – show us what your lens captured in that 1 frame. Dodge, burn, and tonal adjustments are fine and dandy.
Note: This is our first contest so rules, terms & conditions may be updated or modified as we deem necessary.
Submission period starts from 1st April 2011 and ends 1st June 2011 at 12 AM (UTC/GMT +8 hours). Finalists and winners announcements in June/July 2011 – Exact dates to be confirmed soon.