Monday, March 4

The Week That Was (February 24 - March 2)

Sunday: Got up early at almost 7:00am. I was able to go online before Migmig got up. I was able to go online for almost two hours by close to noontime as my wife took care of our baby for the time being. When I got back, I took a nap together with Migmig and I think we slept for close to 2 hours. When I got up,  I went to SM Sta Mesa. to do some personal errands but not without having late lunch at Bonchon. I know I'm ruining my diet but what's wrong having it once in a while right? Then  I had coffee at Starbucks as I killed some more time before going back home and slept early. 

Monday: Got up at almost 7:00am as I try to go online. this would be my first day of work with a new schedule (2:00pm - 10:00pm). Well I have to accept my schedule as this would be another challenge for me since sooner or later, I'll be reporting in the office on a weekend and if ever I got regularized, I'd be doing it until the company don't want me anymore =P. My mornings were adjusted as I have to spend some quality time with my daughter before reporting for work. By the time I got into the office, most of my colleagues in the morning shift were getting ready to go home. Its training for me again and I tried to grasp as much as I could on my 8th day of work since Valentine's Day XD. After shift, I had some chit-chat with my officemates before finally going home. 

Tuesday: Got up at 7:30am as my body was still feeling tired and my eyes wanting more sleep. I was able to go online for a short while before my mom paid us a visit. She didn't spend much time as she needs to go back to the office. By the time I got in the office, My IT Manager asked me to join my senior colleague for the inventory. Honestly, it was really tiring as it requires manual counting of some cables as well as trying to familiarize with how they were labeled. Eventually, I enjoyed doing it and I went back to my workstation which gives me some problem logging-in. It happens to be one of my senior colleagues doesn't want me to log-in there for some reason but eventually, I was able to log-in there thanks to my other senior colleague. Training as usual until the end of my shift which I took a cab and went straight home. 

Wednesday: Got up at almost 7:30am before I went online to do some few updates on my blog. The day was pretty much the same at home and at work, except probably that I need to do some more adjustment in the workplace. Well, it happens to be that one of the senior techs there doesn't want me to use his PC as I might screw it up. He could have told me straight into my face to look for another PC but another senior tech told me that he's pretty much grumpy at times. In fact, I'm having problems logging to 2 PCs there but it didn't matter because I would be using a different PC starting today. Before I got home, I went online nearby to play some of my online games that needs updating. By midnight, I am home. Had ice cream for my midnight snack before finally hitting the sack.

Thursday: Got up at 7:30am as I slept late last night at close to 2:00am. My eyes were still tired but I have to get up and get going. I went online until Migmig got up and played on our room. We went downstairs at past 9:00am and played some more while I feed her breakfast. Then off to work at 12:00pm and got there a bit early. Had lunch and after that, I tried to read again some KB (knowledge-based) articles again for me to familiarize them better. Though it wasn't a busy day, I tried to keep myself busy as much as I could by surfing IT-related stuff and watched some video tutorials on Linux my colleague gave me. By, 10:00pm, I logged-out before heading-off to Starbucks to use my coupon for the month. I took a cab so I could get home early but not without going online for almost an hour. I tried going online at our room but our connection was really slow. I had no choice but to turn it off and go to bed XD. 

Friday: I got up at 8:00am as my eyes still feel tired (I slept at almost 2:00am), My mom visited us while my daughter got up all of a sudden wanting to go down to her lola. My mom didn't stay long as she needs to go back to the office for work. I had to babysit my daughter until Nanay comes back. I left home at 12:00pm and got to the office early. I set-up my workstation before having lunch. Then I tried to learn as much as I can here in the office. I had no complains with my new work probably except for some jitters and I'm still getting to know you better with my fellow colleagues. Well, I should be able to adjust in no time. It wasn't that busy at work except for some how-to's while I read and understand more some KBs. I was able to have a decent dinner before my shift ended. I wasn't able to take the bus home but instead and saved almost a hundred pesos. XD By the time I got home, Migmig was still up and awake as she opened the door for me. It was nice feeling that after work, someone would special would still wait for you and open the door for you.

Saturday: I had to get up early and took a quick shower as I head-off to QCMC to join a few bloggers on their tour at the Orchid Show. It was my second time but I guess this would be a good time to take my camera out of my bag again as I took some photos. I had to leave early at 10:00am as I need to baby-sit my daughter. On my way home, I was able to see Julia Montes as there was a shoot for a video near our place. Migmig was running towards me when I got home. I fell asleep on the couch thinking that my wife had already left to do some errands. It happens to be that she slept upstairs XD. Well, she eventually went to Divisoria while we waited for her to come back. By the time she came back, we went to SM Manila to look for some storage containers to use. We saw some but we wanted to compare them if they costs less in Divisoria. Dinner is at Bonchon before we took a cab heading home. There were some thoughts lingering in my head if I could last the first six months at the company where I'm working now. Good and bad thoughts were playing in my mind as I fight the bad ones with good memories from old friends from all the previous companies I've worked with in the past. I hope I could weather the storm for the next 6 months and move on from there, be it with another company or stay there for a longer period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uhm.... Please do leave a comment for suggestions and improvements.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...