Tuesday, April 26

The Kasalang Batagueño-Ilocana Suppliers Rating (Our Back-up Photographer)

This would be our contribution to the group. As much as possible, we won’t be using the word OC (since it has been overused here already) and we would detail our rating so it could serve you as a guide. Our verdict is based on how we coordinated with them (from start to finish) and it shouldn’t be a sole basis whether you book this certain supplier or not (different strokes for different folks). Here is how we would be rating our wedding team. Sorry for the very long delay XD.

All pictures here were taken by Joey Boquiren.  

Legend:
5 and Up: Oh Yeah! Swabeng-Swabeh!!! (Book them while still available)
4 - 4.99: Swabeng-Swabeh!!! (Very Good)
3 – 3.99: Swabeh!!! (Quite Ok)
2 – 2.99: Swabeh Lang!!! (Needs Improvement)
0 – 1.99: Hindi Swabeh!!! (Now you know)



Joey at work by Ariel Javelosa



A 1909 Wedding by Joey Boquiren


Back-Up Photographer: Joey Boquiren
Address: Unit B, 479 Aaron Bldg., Alabang-Zapote Rd., Las Piñas City
Contact: Joey Boquiren
Cost: Free!!! From a contest from a fellow w@wies blogsite
Inclusions: Back-Up Photography Service
Verdict: Ratings will be divided as follows
Photographer: Oh Yeah! Swabeng-Swabeh!!!
Photo CD (Edited): Oh Yeah! Swabeng-Swabeh!!!



 By Joey Boquiren



By Joey Boquiren


Wedding Kwento: After losing our supposed back-up photographer, we looked for P/V suppliers that could work hard and smart so that we won’t need to look for back-up photographers since we were way over budget. And besides, we have friends who could take our pictures from their point of view plus most of my friends use DSLR cameras (I use one as well). 


By Joey Boquiren



 By Joey Boquiren


As days go by, I read emails from other w@wies that there are suppliers who will give free service to lucky couples who are out of budget. I wanted to join all but I was taken aback. But still, I tried my luck just to see how far it could take me. And besides, this was my surprise to my wife since she got upset with our supposed to be back-up photographer because of incorrect setting of expectations. 



By Joey Boquiren


By Joey Boquiren


Last September, one of our w@wie sister announced that 3 lucky couples will win a free back-up service from no other than Joey Boquiren himself. I was hesitant to join at first since most entries that I’ve read were really amazing. Also, we didn’t have any theme or any special factor that would made our stand-out among the rest. But still, I tried to write a piece on what would make our wedding stand-out, in pure tagalog. Yes, in pure native tagalog language. And my entry was the last one to join. The next day after our pre-nup with Mel, as I catch up on emails, I saw an email congratulating the three couple who won the contest. We saw our name but I didn’t believe it not until I checked the blogsite where I submitted my entry (in pure Tagalog) on why our wedding will be unique. 


By Joey Boquiren



By Joey Boquiren


When I met Joey Boquiren face to face, this guy is so cool. I wish I could sport dreadlocks on my wedding day. He was so easy to work with. It’s like your friend taking pictures of you and you’re having fun in the process. During the ceremony itself, we didn’t notice him capturing the moment and other things that Mel and his team might have missed.



By Joey Boquiren



By Joey Boquiren


A few days after, he was able to post our photos online and it was really fantastic. The pictures are somewhat the vintage type that I really envisioned not like other edited pictures that looks too saturated. We still have to wait for the RAW files on CD since he mentioned to me that I would take a while since December is a peak season. 


By Joey Boquiren



By Joey Boquiren


We didn’t really mind waiting since we were not in a hurry anyway. And while I was online, he sent me a message thru facebook that the raw pictures are already available. I wasted no time in going to his studio in Las Piñas just to get the raw CD. And when we view the pictures at home, we were shocked! He was able to capture almost everything without us noticing (except for the scripted poses). Up to this point, were still at awe with his shots. As of this writing, I'll ask Sir Joey a quotation for a 24 by 12 album since we wanted another wedding album and this time from him.



By Joey Boquiren



By Joey Boquiren


Realization: Having a back-up photographer is not a bad idea as long as it would be ok with your Main photographer. Just make sure to talk to your main team since it could be stated in their contract that no back-ups would be allowed during their coverage. Or as a last option, you could introduce them to your guests or your main team as a friend of your parents or sponsor’s gift to you. 

Other Suppliers Considered (Given the same amount of time for preparations): Marco Malaca, Red Sheep, Kix Tavora, Paolo Feliciano,

If we started our preparations last Dec 2007, we could have gotten: None since we may possibly pick a 3-4 man photographer team who could took care of everything. But still, we could get him as our main photographer probably in 10 to 25 years time. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uhm.... Please do leave a comment for suggestions and improvements.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...